The next Clinical & Research Meeting will feature the following presentation:
‘SUcceSS trial: Randomised Placebo-controlled surgical trial on lumbar spinal stenosis’ by David Anderson, PhD candidate, Principal Physiotherapist at Sydney Spine Institute
This NHMRC-funded trial will be the world’s first to elucidate the treatment effect of decompression spinal surgery for central spinal canal stenosis. 160 people with symptomatic central lumbar spinal canal stenosis, who have failed to respond to a course of conservative care, will be randomly allocated to receive either decompressive surgery or placebo surgery. The trial will be conducted in Sydney and Melbourne with leading spine surgeons. Two SSI associates (David Anderson and A/Prof James van Gelder) are involved in the study with David Anderson being the PhD student and A/Prof van Gelder an advisor and participating surgeon.
- Date: Wednesday 24 May 2017
- Start Time: 7:00 PM (snacks and refreshments from 6:30 PM)
- Venue: Sydney Spine Institute, 107/3 Railway Parade, Burwood, NSW, 2134
- *Free parking after 6:00 pm at Burwood Library (right opposite). More parking options here.
- RSVP: email@example.com by Monday 22 May 2017