- Date: Wednesday 24 May 2017
- Start Time: 7:00 PM (snacks and refreshments from 6:30 PM)
- Venue: Sydney Spine Institute, 107/3 Railway Parade, Burwood, NSW, 2134
- *Free parking after 6:00 pm at Burwood Library (right opposite). More parking options here.
- RSVP: email@example.com by Monday 22 May 2017
Faculty of Engineering and IT first-year PhD student Suri Susilo recently took part in the MIT Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp, an intensive week-long new ventures leadership program attracting young entrepreneurs across the globe.
Suri was able to thrive in the program and her business idea – a “smart” pillow system to optimise spine neutrality – was chosen as one of the top 25 ideas, securing her a coveted spot as ‘CEO’ in the program. Suri has been developing her product with clinical assistance from the Sydney Spine Institute.
With real-world experience and a new start-up company under her belt, she is now progressing her smart pillow concept through a PhD, also in biomedical engineering.
Read the full story here!