On July 30, 2014 Sydney Spine Institute held its annual educational workshop for GPs at the Library and Community Hub, Burwood.
The topic of the workshop was “Front line Management of Back Pain”.
1. Aetiology of degenerative lower back pain by Dr Christella Mylordi
2. Red Flags in Lower Back Pain by A/Prof. Kathir Nadanachandran
3. Physical Examination of the Spine by Tamer Sabet
4. Pharmacological approaches: managing opiates by Dr Henry Lam
5. The role for Surgery in Chronic Lower Back Pain by Dr Raoul Pope
6. Spinal Interventions: overview of effectiveness by A/Prof. James van Gelder
7. Cognitive function approaches by Tamer Sabet
8. NSW Workers Comp: policy update by Dr Steven Ng