Consultation with a spine physician (non-surgeon with a specialization and extensive experience in the spine).
The spine physician will look at the history of your problem, past treatments, current symptoms, available radiology and other clinical information and will provide advice on indicated treatment options. When required, the spine physician will co-ordinate the proposed treatment plan and organise referrals to suitable specialist services such as spine physiotherapy, spine surgery, pain medicine or occupational medicine. For urgent conditions that require prompt attention by another specialist, the spine physician will ensure an early appointment is made with the appropriate specialist.
The service includes:
- Prompt assessments of spinal conditions (neck and back)
- MRI referral if indicated
- Education and support
- Recommendations for evidence based non-surgical treatments
- Prompt referral if surgical treatment indicated
- Assessment and management of work related spinal injuries
Assessments can be organised promptly, usually within a week. Request an appointment here.
You do not need a referral for this assessment. Consultations are partly covered by Medicare.